1. The cops here suck. Then again I don’t even like the police in the USA (too many speeding tickets in HS). Today I had to go back YET AGAIN to register and it STILL didn’t happen. Now they want proof of residency, which I don’t yet have so I’m going to have to postpone this until I’ve found an apartment.
2. My hindi will def improve, but in the meantime I feel like a child when I speak.
3. Today was kind of a tough day – but in a good way. Visited a few self-help groups for poor urban women that are clients of the organization I’m working for. It was kind of intense, but good exposure. I’d like to say it was motivating and made me want to save the world, but it honestly just made me tired and kinda helpless.
4. Bad news….I can sorta feel the rumblings of my body getting sick. The area where I work is heavily Muslim and so naturally most of the food places are shut down for Ramadan during the day. Since I still have to eat, I end up getting stuck with sketchy looking places that I really shouldn’t be frequenting. I’m trying to eat vegetarian as I figure that’s safer but it’s starting to look like I failed.
No comments:
Post a Comment