Thursday, September 17, 2009

Apartment hunting

Blows ass.

But at least the apartments are nice.

i'm probably going to live with this girl, Anita, that I was put in touch with through a former fellow.  We've met a few times and decided to live together since its pretty much the only way to get an apartment (the concept of a 1 or 2 bedroom place just doesn't exist here).  In fact the very idea that I'm not married with 3 children at the age of 25 seems completely ridiculous to most of the people I meet.  The brokers (and rickshaw drivers) have no shame in asking me where my family is, how many children have I fathered, what does MY father do (never seem to ask about mom...), and what I think of muslims/hindus/christians.    

So to get back to the main point – moving into Hyderabad has been tough, but exactly the challenge I was looking for. No matter how tough its been I haven’t yet regretted coming here because I can always remind myself that I’m not doing two things I hate:
1). Shaving, 
2). Sitting in a cubicle.
I’d write more but the electricity just went out and sitting here on my laptop without a fan is a little unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment