Thursday, September 17, 2009

Food Update

I'm not yet ready to comment on the food here. Nothing has wowed me yet, but then again I haven't been able to focus on finding good food. Also, now that I've been eating some form of indian food for almost 2.5 weeks I'm really starting to develop an aversion to it (good thing I have 10 months to go). As much as I love indian food, I do have a limit and it’s been crossed. I hate to say it, but the most satisfying meal I've had lately was a very boring subway sandwich with a cookie and diet coke. I think what has happened is that indian flavors have become bland to me and boring western foods seem exotic. I have a feeling that once I settle in and have more control over what I eat during the day then indian food will once again seem special and delicious (i.e. if I can eat something simple like yogurt in the morning rather than idli samber, then maybe biryani will taste good again).

Oh – but I did have an excellent pistachio ice cream with lychees last night. The lychees tasted 100x better than anything I’ve had in the USA.

On a side note I also really miss drinking. In Delhi I went out a few times, but here I don’t know enough people yet to really be social (read: drunk). I’m sure it won’t be long before I give in and start sipping whiskeys by myself, alone, in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment