Friday, September 18, 2009

Morning News

I don’t know if maybe I’ve found the Fox News of India, but I’ve noticed that every morning when I turn on the news (the news anchors are my social life these days) I find out that India is under siege.  Here are some of the more common headlines I’ve seen

“China INVADES Utterchand!

“Jammu on RED ALERT”

“Indian Army fears China ATTACK by 2017”

“BSF retaliates to Pak border fire“

“Chinese dragon PREYING on Indian Tiger”

“Indian Armed Forces WAKE UP to Chinese THREAT”

I understand that India certainly has a right to concern itself with its territorial integrity, but I really wish the media would spend just half the time they spend on those issues and dedicate some coverage to the country’s 70% literacy rate or the FOUR HUNDRED MILLION individuals below the $1 a day poverty line.  Those are the real threats to India’s stability and prosperity. 

504%202002-05-28%20India%20Pakistan%20education%20war

No comments:

Post a Comment