As some of you know (because I bothered you with mass emails) I used to maintain a restaurant list in NYC. This list was sadly, hopefully temporarily, retired last July.
Check it out by clicking here: The Grand, Old, NYC Restaurant List
I had thought that eventually I’d start up a restaurant list for Hyderabad as soon as I settled in. However, I didn’t anticipate one key problem. Hyderabad is a (shit)Hole.
See there are four kinds of restaurants in Hyderabad
1. The “multi-cuisine” restaurant. These types of restaurants are prevalent all over India – typically the exact same menu of “Continental”, Chinese, and Indian (Veg and Non-Veg, woohoo!). Oddly, despite the seemingly wide variety of food on the menu everything that comes out of the kitchen tastes EXACTLY THE SAME.
2. Hotel restaurants. Some were ok. All were overpriced and none would have any value whatsoever if it weren’t for the fact that the non-hotel restaurants were so bad.
3. The biryani/local joints. These were often damn good. Assuming you wanted biryani and kebabs. Otherwise, fuck off (or that was their attitude).
4. Thai Express and Subway. Neither was out of this world, but both were major parts of my diet. I only got sick twice from Subway. Others have died.
Anyways that is all behind me now. Which is why I am now happy to announce the revealing you’ve all been waiting for of the:
2010 – 2011 BOMBAY RESTAURANT LIST!
I’ve been to Bombay frequently and have always been impressed by the diversity and quality of the restaurants here verses other Indian cities. Sure there is still plenty of generic “multi-cuisine”, but there are also a lot of really awesome, atmospheric gems that can impress even a high-standard manhattanite-food elitist like myself. And so to celebrate and keep track of my eating plans for the next year I’ve decided its worth investing in this list once more.
Click here -----> 2010 – 2011 Bombay Restaurant List
Feel free to send additions, thoughts, or comments on your general level of disgust with the number of times I mention “killing” either myself or someone else in a food-related context.
No comments:
Post a Comment