Monday, August 2, 2010

The greatest threat to India

So last night I was driving home after dinner and I spotted this sign and just had to share it with you guys. 

photo (1)

Now I realize it’s not the clearest picture, so I’ll translate for you from memory.  On the left side of this public service advertisement there is a man proclaiming “Now in my home we do not use shower.  Instead use one bucket water for bath.”  On the right side of the same sign it says “Will you also resist the temptation to use shower?”  Now I know Shenali and Ajita would jump at the chance to skip showering because Bombay asked them to (hell I wouldn’t be surprised if they skip showering in America on behalf of Bombay), but for the rest of us…WTF?!

Oh yes.  I the middle of the monsoon, while it’s raining at least an inch of water EVERY SINGLE DAY, the Mumbai city government , in it’s infinite wisdom, has determined that it’s worth using valuable public advertising space to ask Indians to be even more unhygienic.  Brilliant!  It’s not like the city is plagued by other, more pressing, social issues that need to be addressed. 

I’m jumping in the shower right now to get ready for my FIRST DAY OF WORK.  First days ALWAYS suck, but wish me luck anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment