Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Frank Sinatra is a dumbfuck

There is a line in Sinatra’s “New York, New York” that goes

“In old New York

If I can make it there

I’ll make it anywhere.”

Well as it turns out, Sinatra is dead wrong.  The reality is, if you make it New York, you can’t live anywhere else.  It’s been almost a year since I left the City, and I’m even in India’s own wannabe New York and yet, I still can’t have more than one drink before I start longing for Manhattan.  I occasionally can’t sleep because I want to be in the city that never sleeps (am I trying too hard with that last zinger?). 

 

Stupid Sinatra. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you must miss the Big Apple. I really wanna live there someday too! Btw, I think that about Bombay too. If you live here, you can basically live anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete