Thursday, November 25, 2010

Undulating in Udaipur

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks hanging out in the slums of Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Delhi.  As great as that’s been, I think its time for a break.  Hence my plans for the weekend, staring at 5 fucking-AM tomorrow morning:

map

Now Udaipur is well known for its unbelievable hotels/palaces.  So which one have we picked for our unforgettable Udaipur weekend?

Well it’s not the $300 a night Lalit Laxmi Villas..

Or the $400/night Devi Garh…

Or the $600/night Leela Palace Keminski…

Unfortunately, the $5,700/night private suites at the Oberoi Udaivilas were unavailable for the weekend..

And then, of course, there’s always the world-famous, $13,163/night presidential suite at the Taj Lake Palace.  But I don’t believe in hotels on islands, so that’s out…

Nope.  Instead I booked the very best room – the penthouse actually – with a balcony attached at the Panorama Guest House.  All for….$19/night*.

*Plus tax

No comments:

Post a Comment