Mr. Mukesh Ambani has just moved into his new residence pictured below. The housewarming party is on October 28th. Sadly, I won’t be making it because I have other obligations (painting myself blue in NYC!).


This $1.8 billion dollar skyscraper is as high as a normal 60 story building, however it has only 27 floors so that each one can have exceptionally high ceilings. There are 6 floors – of prime Mumbai real estate – dedicated purely to parking. The Oberoi Group – the same company that always has a few hotels ranked in the top 5 “best in the world” is going to be managing this building. There is a 4 story “hanging garden” for when the weather’s nice. The residence is more than 10x more expensive than any other dwelling in the world. So all in all, some pretty fancy shit.
So where do Mr. Ambani and his 5 family members plan to live? In the penthouse? No, no. Mr. Ambani apparently needs the ENTIRE FUCKING BUILDING.
I’m not opposed to wealth or the tacky flaunting of one’s bank account. In fact I plan to accumulate as much as I (legally and ethically) can – and most likely I’ll offend someone or another with how I use what I earn. But, still – there’s a line and Mr. Ambani crossed it after floor number 3. If this is the kind of crap that's supposed to convince us all that India is the world’s next superpower, then the world is royally fucked. Even Donald Trump looks like a bag of class compared to this monstrosity.
Incidentally, I lied. “Antilia” as the residence has been dubbed is not my neighbor, though I can see the building from my area. No – Ambani’s real neighbor looks something like this:

No comments:
Post a Comment