Apparently I’ve started a trend of writing about life in India using alliterative titles.
In any case – this article is good – mainly because it says what I’d like to, in a more heartfelt, grammatically correct way. For instance…
“India and I fight, we scream, we argue, we don't speak for days on end, but really, deep down, we love each other. She's a strange beast, this India. She hugs me, so tightly sometimes that I can't breathe, then she turns and punches me hard in the face, leaving me stunned….She wonders why I don't just "know" how things are done, why I argue with her about everything, why I judge, why I rail at injustice and then do nothing about it. She wonders how old I am, how much I earn, why I'm not married”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/mad-for-mumbai/story-e6frg8h6-1225934717682
The article is mostly spot on. Especially the part about slapping beggar children. (kidding).
No comments:
Post a Comment