Yes, I officially love December. At least in Bombay anyways. For the past 2 weeks the weather has been spectacular. I know it seems kind of sad that I have nothing to blog about other than the weather, but the thing is this is actually one of the top 5 best things I’ve experienced in India. All of a sudden this city has become livable, even pleasant, and certainly beautiful. Sure the “glass half empty” side of me is already dreading the day when the humidity returns…and worse… March and hell breaks loose again. But the other, smaller, more-positive side of me is LOVING this time of year and almost a bit sad to be leaving tomorrow (first time I’ve ever been upset to take a break from India).
Adding to my pleasure at this time of year is observing how Mumbaikers are responding to the sudden “chill.” I’m talking about how everywhere I go now I see people wearing scarves, sweaters, jackets, and yes, tiger print, behind-your-ear “180s” style ear muffs. Guys, it’s still 85 degrees every day.
Two quick notes
-I’ve tried this entire week to take a picture of someone in the getup I describe above. Turns out its not easy to take candid shots of people on the street. Also turns out the iPhone camera sucks ass.
-I’m coming home tomorrow. Home home, not New York home. I’ll be in California from Christmas Eve to New Years Day. No fancy global stopovers this time, beside a jaunt to SF for New Years Eve.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment