Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - Year in Review

+2 – Survived new years eve 2009 in Goa

+5 – Completed AIF fellowship

+10 – Managed to find a job I enjoy in Bombay

+3 – Visited an obscure country (Mongolia)

-2 - Panicked that I might be losing my hair.  Then realized I’d asked my haircutter to thin it.  Phew.

+10 – Managed to submit 4 MBA applications

-25 – Managed to get rejected from 3 schools

+2 – Waitlisted at Harvard

-7 – Gained and then lost the ability to read Hindi

+10 – Successfully planned and executed Halloween costume

+25 – Achieved goal of visiting 50 countries before turning 30

-5 – Turned 26

+2 – Found “mini kiwis” in Switzerland

+5 – Tried at least 10 varieties of mangoes

+1 - Didn’t gain or lose a pound

+3 - Learned to make my own hummus

+5 – Earned over 150,000 frequent flyer miles.  Only about 14% from actually flying anywhere. 

-9 – Found a single grey hair

-4 – Got regrettably sick after excessive imbibing 2x.

Add it all up and it turns out I had a +31 year.  Not bad, but I’m aiming for a +50 next year.  What kind of year did you have? 

1 comment:

  1. how can finding mini kiwis and being waitlisted at harvard be worth the same thing???????

    ReplyDelete