Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shut up

Don’t make fun of me for this one.  This story is so sad and pathetic that its painful enough without your jeering, cruel comments.  So yes, yet again…I have another EPIC FAIL post to share.

So as you all know (and have an annoying habit of remembering and asking about) I was supposed to run the Mumbai Marathon last Sunday.  I say “supposed to” because obviously something went horribly, horribly wrong.   

So at first everything was going as planned.  I arrived in Bombay on Saturday night from my midpoint orientation. I had arranged to stay with a different friend than I normally stay with because this one lived a bit closer to the marathon’s starting point at Victoria Terminus.  I hadn’t really trained much for weeks and knew there was a good chance I’d pop at least one lung the next day.  Still, I was looking forward to the run and finally crossing this off my list (yep, “run in a marathon” is on my list).  Naturally, I  also used the excuse of the marathon to “carbo-load” on papaya ice cream (with a Cadbury flake!) the evening before (after a week of RICE RICE RICE in Kerala).

Anyways so the “shit hit the fan” when I arrived at my friends place.  As soon as I walked in the door I knew it was over.  I was done for.  Fuuuuuuuuuck.  He had a fucking cat.  F.M.L.

I’m severely allergic to cats.  My eyes water, I get bumps, I itch, I sneeze, I cough, I whine (a lot).  One thing I don’t do is sleep.  One thing I definitely don’t do is run a marathon on no sleep.  So fail.

So no marathon.  I had brunch instead.  I also joined a “I hate cats!” facebook group.  

and NO “I'm severely allergic to cats” is NOT code for “i got trashed and was too hung-over to run.”

1 comment:

  1. I miss you all too much. How come we never shared our hate for feline creatures? I am awfully allergic to them too and consider nulling friendships with people who keep them as pets. Come to Calcutta already!

    ReplyDelete